Like to improve your off-piste skills and learn how to make safe decisions on the mountain? If you are an off-piste skier and in Val d’Isere/Tignes during the last week of March, our 3 day course could be for you!
From 24 to 26 March, Henry will take the points from his "Ride Hard ! Ride Safe" Avalanche Talk onto the mountain. When asked the question "Is it safe out there?" Henry responds: "It depends on you". Here he’ll provide three answers to help you have fun and be safe:
It depends on
- where you go and when (decision making)
- how you go down or up (route selection/risk management)
- how well prepared you are (deal with a crisis if it does happen)
The course takes place in the wonderful Espace Killy, home to some of the best off-piste skiing in the world. Here’s what a couple of previous participants said:
Henry gave us not only an unforgettable day of guiding, but absolutely invaluable real-world mountain advice. He managed to pack in the major essentials of his on-line video chats with expertly guided pow lines all day. Laid back and easy-going yet incredibly "on it". I couldn’t think of a better guide" David Knox
Spent a couple of days learning from @HenryOff_Piste. Awesome avalanche course. Opned eyes to conditions on the hill. Hit some pow too …" Ken Horn
We’re gearing this particular course towards strong intermediate off-piste skiers or above, Levels 3 to 5 on the scale on this link, who are happy to do some ski touring depending on snow conditions. (Touring’s a great way to escape the beaten tracks, rediscover the ‘real’ mountains, and often the only way to find that amazing untouched snow. No problem if you haven’t used touring skis before – it’s easy to pick up and not as strenuous as you might suppose.)
For more information on this course and others like it, please check out this link.
- 3 days off-piste ski guiding with Henry
- Coaching on key points of decision-making and risk management in the mountain environment
- An early-evening "Ride Hard Ride Safe!" avalanche talk
- An search and rescue crisis management exercise using avalanche transceivers
- Photos & possible videos of the session
- Premium membership of the Henry’s Avalanche Talk website, enabling you to access in-depth avalanche talks and other resources and forums
Henry explains more in this video by James Cove of PlanetSki, and you can read more in James’s article: http://www.planetski.
eu/news/5731. Please don’t hesitate to contact us if you’d like to join us – we’d love to have you along!